For Area Graduating Seniors Pursuing Undergraduate Study in Agricultural Sciences
The Agri-Business Scholarship is offered to assist students from five (5) Nebraska Panhandle counties (Banner, Kimball, Morrill, Scotts Bluff, and Sioux) and Goshen and Platte Counties in Wyoming who are pursuing a major in an agricultural science-related field at an accredited two or four-year college, university or technical school. The scholarship is available to high school graduating seniors.
Two $2,000 Agri-Business Scholarships will be awarded annually for undergraduate study ($1,000 per year for two years each). Two winners and two alternates will be selected by an advisory committee with final approval of the OTCF Scholarship Committee.
To qualify for this Agri-Business Scholarship, students must:
- Have a minimum ACT score of 20
- Major in an agricultural science-related field of study at an accredited college, university or technical school
- Be enrolled as full-time students as defined by the institution
- Deadline for application and supporting documents is April 1st. Application forms are available from the Oregon Trail Community Foundation office, the Foundation’s website at www.otcf.org, or from school counselors. For more information call (308) 635-3393. High school applicants are required to attach a copy of their official ACT/SAT score, their current high school transcript, and three reference letters.
The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not enroll as a fulltime student for the first semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
Deadline for application and supporting documents is February 15th.
Send completed application to:
Oregon Trail Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1344
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- 2013 Tevyn Baldwin
- 2013 Taylor Lackey
- 2014 Breanne Franklin – Bridgeport ($1,000)
- 2015 Chance McAllister – Minatare ($2,000)
- 2015 Trevor Ginkens – Harrison ($2,000)
- 2015 Maggie Brunmeier – Bayard ($2,000)
- 2016 Skyler Miller- Torrington ($2,000)
- 2016 Roy Adams- Mitchell ($2,000)
- 2017 Grant Maser - Gering ($2,000)
- 2017 Jebb Ginkens - Harrison ($2,000)
- 2018 Gilberto Rodrigues-Minatare ($2000)
- 2018 Tyler Aschenbrenner -Scottsbluff ($1000)
- 2018 Ethan Aschenbrenner -Scottsbluff ($1000)
- 2019 Jacob Jenkins
- 2019 Bailee Lake
- 2020 Jakob Huck (Scottsbluff) $2,000
- 2020 Jonathan Pieper (Mitchell) $2,000
- Allison Carpenter (Scottsbluff) $2,000
- Aleena Wagner (Broadwater) $2,000