Lemons (Lawrence) Scholarship
For Scottsbluff High School Graduating Seniors
One $500 scholarship will be given annually to a Scottsbluff High School graduating senior with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher. Applicants may pursue an associate’s or bachelor’s degree and attend a two- or four-year college or university. Preference will be given, but is not limited to, an applicant who has an interest in pursuing a teaching career. An alternate will also be selected.
Application forms are available from the Scottsbluff High School guidance counseling office. For more information call (308) 635-6243.
Deadline for application and supporting documents is March 15th.
Recipients will be announced in May.
The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not enroll as a fulltime student for the first semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
To qualify for the Lawrence Lemons Memorial Scholarship, students must:
- Complete the application form
- Attach a formal letter stating:
- The student’s educational and career goals
- Financial need for college expenses
- Why student believes they are deserving of the scholarship
Submit completed application to:
Attn: Guidance Counselor
Scottsbluff High School
- 2014 Shalee Roseberry – Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2015 Jordan Salazar – Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2016 Traceten Halley – Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2017 Mallory Anthony - Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2018 Juan Torres - Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2019 Kaya Vonberg - Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2020 Gabriela Aguilar - Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2021 Ashlyn Ibero - Scottsbluff ($500)
- 2022 Peyton Kriewald - Scottsbluff ($500)