Lovercheck (Margaret) Scholarship
For Graduating Seniors of Gering High School
One four-year scholarship will be awarded annually to a Gering High School graduating senior who needs financial assistance for college. The student must show a definite interest in further study of ART, MUSIC, THEATER, LITERATURE, OR JOURNALISM and must maintain at least a “B” average during their junior and senior years.
A winner and alternate will be selected. The $1,000 per year ($500 paid per semester) scholarship may be renewable for up to four years, depending on the initial scholarship award.
Deadline for application and supporting documents is March 15th.
Recommendations from Gering High School staff will be referred to the Oregon Trail Community Foundation Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee will review the applications and may schedule interviews with the students in late April or early May.
To maintain good standing with the Foundation and to RENEW the scholarship each semester, the recipient MUST do the following:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Successfully complete a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester
- Maintain a “B” average or 3.0 average in collegiate work
- Submit grades to the Foundation no later than three weeks after grades are issued
- Use scholarship for tuition, books and fees only
Scholarships are paid directly to the school, provided the requirements are met. Recipients are responsible for forwarding college transcripts to OTCF within three (3) weeks of the end of each grading period. Failure to send transcripts jeopardizes scholarship renewal.
If scholarship recipients or their parent(s) move to new address, notification [including new address(es) and phone number(s)] must be given to the Oregon Trail Community Foundation. If scholarship recipient transfers to a different college, notice must be given to OTCF.
The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not enroll as a full-time student for the first semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
Send completed application to:
Oregon Trail Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1344
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- 2000 Andrew Gallawa
- 2001 Erin Bauer
- 2002 Korey Connor
- 2003 Ariane Cardiff
- 2004 Meagan Bauer
- 2006 Courtney Hanson ($4,000)
- 2006 (Revoked)
- 2008 (Revoked)
- 2009 Braden Foreman ($3,500)
- 2010 Kendall Thompson ($4,000)
- 2011 Brittany Walker ($4,000)
- 2012 Natasha Teall ($4,000)
- 2013 Kaitlyn Krzyzanowski ($1,750)
- 2013 Jeremy Eskam ($1,750)
- 2014 Vanessa Woolsey – ($3,800)
- 2015 Chelsey Mannel - ($2,000)
- 2015 Megan Brady - ($2,000)
- 2016 Devan Hawkins - ($4,000)
- 2017 Jaycee Rice - ($3,000)
- 2017 Jacey Marietta - ($1,000)
- 2018 Paige Peterson - ($4,000)
- 2019 - No recipient
- 2020 Stephanie Woolsey ($4,000)
- 2021 Victoria Eckerberg ($4,000)
- 2022 Sarah Connot ($4,000)