Mitchell Community Scholarship
For Graduating Seniors of Mitchell High School
One scholarship will be awarded annually to a Mitchell High School graduating senior who needs financial assistance for college.
A winner and alternate will be selected. The $1,000 per year ($500 paid per semester).
Deadline for application and supporting documents is April 1st.
Recommendations from Mitchell High School staff will be referred to the Oregon Trail Community Foundation Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee will review the applications and scholarship winner will be announced in May.
To maintain good standing with the Foundation and to RENEW the scholarship each semester, the recipient MUST do the following:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Successfully complete a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester
- Maintain a “B” average or 3.0 average in collegiate work
- Submit grades to the Foundation no later than three weeks after grades are issued
- Use scholarship for tuition, books and fees only
Scholarships are paid directly to the school, provided the requirements are met. Recipients are responsible for forwarding college transcript to OTCF within three (3) weeks of the end of each grading period. Failure to send transcripts jeopardizes scholarship renewal.
If scholarship recipients or their parent(s) move to new address, notification [including new address(es) and phone number(s)] must be given to the Oregon Trail Community Foundation. If scholarship recipient transfers to a different college, notice must be given to OTCF.
The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not enroll as a full-time student for the first semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- 2020 Regan Ann Hodsden - Mitchell - $1,000
- 2021 Jayden Kanno - Mitchell - $1,000
- 2022 Aubree Branson - Mitchell - $1,000