Panhandle Drug-Free Youth Scholarship
For Drug-Free High School Seniors In The Nebraska Panhandle
The Panhandle Substance Abuse Council established this fund in 2010. One $500 scholarship will be awarded annually to a high school senior. Applicant must currently be a member of a drug-free youth group in the Nebraska Panhandle. Winners and alternates will be selected.
Applicants must submit application and all supporting information to the Oregon Trail Community Foundation in an organized, readable form.
Deadline for application and supporting documents is April 1st. Recipients will be announced in May.
To qualify for the Panhandle Drug-Free Youth Scholarship, students must:
- Be involved in the community
- Be involved in school activities
- Be involved in alcohol and other drug prevention activities
- Submit a typed essay regarding their drug-free lifestyle
- Submit three reference letters – from a high school faculty member, a non-relative community member, and drug-free program sponsor.
Scholarships are paid directly to the school (college).
The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not enroll as a full-time student for the first semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
Send completed application to:
Oregon Trail Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1344
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- 2012 Brandon Karpen, Mitchell ($500)
- 2014 Isabella Irish, Hemingford ($500)
- 2015 Christa Horn, Alliance ($500)
- 2016 AndreAnna Ernest, Bridgeport ($500)
- 2017 Madison Couch - Sidney ($500)
- 2018 Dana Dunbar - Chadron ($500)
- 2019 Kenzey Kanno - Mitchell ($500)
- 2020 Hannah Splattstoesser ($500)
- 2021 Victoria Eckerberg ($500)
- 2022 Lily Teeple ($500)
- 2023 Kaden Bohnsack ($500)