For graduates of Scottsbluff or Gering High Schools who will attend
Western Nebraska Community College to pursue a degree in Pre-Engineering.
One (1) $2000 ($1000 per semester) scholarship will be given annually to a senior who is a graduate of Scottsbluff or Gering High Schools and who will attend Western Nebraska Community College to pursue a degree in Pre-Engineering. The scholarship is for one year.
To qualify for the Pre-Engineering Scholarship, students must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a graduating senior of Scottsbluff or Gering High Schools
- Be accepted and enrolled at Western Nebraska Community College
- Be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours
- Be majoring in pre-engineering
Deadline for application and supporting documents
is April 1st.
- Legibly complete and sign the application
- Attach three (3) letters of recommendation
- Attach a personal statement of why you are applying for this scholarship and why you have chosen this area of study. Describe your plans and goals as well as your need for financial assistance and any additional information you wish to provide about yourself
- Disclose other scholarships applied for and/or received
- Attach a copy of their high school transcript and ACT test results
NOTE: This scholarship is secondary to other scholarships. If the student receives another scholarship toward tuition that does not pay their entire tuition, this scholarship will pay up to $1,000 for any remaining tuition per semester.
A winner and an alternate will be selected by the OTCF Scholarship Committee. The scholarship will be rescinded and awarded to the alternate if the recipient does not comply with all requirements.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the school each semester, for credit to the student’s account.
- 2017 Jackson Hohnstein, Scottsbluff ($2.000)
- 2018 Brandon Ramos - Scottsbluff ($2,000)
- 2019 Dontae Rios - Scottsbluff ($2,000)
- 2020 Riley Amundsen - ($2,000)
- 2021 Tucker Halstead - Gering ($2,000)